Saturday, March 19, 2005

Happy St. Patrick's Day

In honor of St. Patty's Day, I offer this prayer attributed to him, for the sake of Terri Shiavo:

I bind unto myself (and to Terri) today the power of God to hold and lead,
His eye to watch, His might to stay, His ear to hearken to my need:
The wisdom of my God to teach, His hand to guide, His shield to ward;
The word of God to give me speech, His heavenly host to be my guard.

Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me,
Christ in me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me,
Christ on my right, Christ on my left,
Christ when I lie down, Christ when I sit down, Christ when I arise.

Christ in the heart of all who think of me,
Christ in the mouth of all who speak of me,
Christ in every eye that sees me,
Christ in every ear that hears me.

I arise today through a mighty strength: the invocation of the Trinity,
Through belief in the threeness,Through confession of the oneness,
Of the Creator of Creation.

Amen

(Without intending too, I realize I just continued on my music/Rich Mullins theme. His band, The Ragamuffins, put out a cd after his passing which includes a song entitled "Make Me An Instrument" that combines this prayer with the prayer of St. Francis.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home